Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution is connected with storing and/or sharing specific content on a web server managed by a web hosting supplier. There are various groups of hosting services used for various goals, so let's examine these. Thus, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to have a web site, mail addresses, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service made available by various web hosts, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file storage accounts frequently involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a specific span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally incorrect interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between autonomous groups of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different webspace hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain providers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is good if you wish to share an enormous amount of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the solution is generally free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your mail aliases. Some providers offer hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email service. If you desire to set up an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to keep as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to own a web site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email address accounts, upload video files, etc. At ticopaginas, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for specific web content solely.